issing shingles, granules filling the gutters, water stains on the ceiling after rainstorms—they all point to roofing problems. Pay attention to these warning signs and act before the problem gets worse and more expensive to fix.
Paying attention to what your roof is telling you is the first step in catching major problems before they have a chance to hit your wallet, so we’ve put together a list of some of the most common symptoms to keep a look out for when it comes to potential roofing damage and wear and tear.
- WATER SPOTS ON YOUR CEILING: Water can travel along roof panels or lumber in the attic before dripping onto your insulation and leaving the yellow water spot on your ceiling. Water spots don’t always mean the roof is leaking. It could be caused by other things. But if the spots only appear, darken, or grow after it rains, the roof is likely the culprit.
- WATER SPOTS APPEAR ON EXTERIOR WALLS: The step flashing where the roof meets a wall is loose, rusted, or damaged. If the damage appears or gets worse after rain, the problem is most likely the flashing.
- CRACKING SHINGLES: The granules have probably worn off, allowing the shingles to become brittle and probably need to be replaced.
- THE ROOF IS MISSING SHINGLES: You might have a critter getting on your roof, or the sealant strip under the shingles may have been damaged. A fury animal scurrying around on the roof could be responsible. Shingles have a sealant on their underside that helps hold the shingles in place. If the shingles become old and brittle, the sealant can fail and the shingles can come loose.
- Ambassador Restoration is able to locate any problems your roof might have, devise a course of action, and then implement that plan in a timely manner. Contact us today!